Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) is the premier R&D organization of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt of India, for carrying out R&D in IT, Electronics and associated areas. CDAC functions through 11 centres in India.
The Educational technology unit (ETU) in CDAC Mumbai has been active over the last two decades in the area of eLearning and related tools and technologies. The various activities carried out by C-DAC in educational technology include R&D in specific areas, creating awareness, exploration as well as adoption of FOSS in education.
The group has developed a number of interventions for enhancing teaching learning process. In addition, the group has also been working with a number of excellent open source authoring tools and frameworks, in areas such as mind-mapping, audio editing, image processing, simulation development, etc. Ongoing Educational Technology initiatives at C -DAC, Mumbai include :
- Online Labs (OLabs) for school Lab experiments
- Assessment and Monitoring Framework for CBSE and State-board schools.
- OBRIC - Objective responses -- image based capture
- PACE - Process Automation for Competitive Exams
- eBasta - School books to e-books
For more details visit us at